The U.S. Coast Guard announced the appointments of the chairman and seven members to serve on the 21-member National Boating Safety Advisory Council.
Dr. L. Daniel Maxim will serve as chairman of the NBSAC. Maxim has been a member of the NBSAC since 2011 and is also a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary. He is the former assistant national commodore, recreational boating safety.
The seven other individuals appointed or reappointed to serve as NBSAC members include:
- Mr. Richard Jepsen, California
- Ms. Marion Irving deCruz, California
- Mr. Pete Chisholm, Wisconsin
- Mr. Bruce Rowe, Arizona
- Mr. Ernie Marshburn, North Carolina
- Mr. Jeff Johnson, Alaska
- Mr. Toby Velasquez, New Mexico
Each member holds office for a term of up to three years. One-third of the NBSAC membership expires each year.